Friday 19 October 2012

The Wonders of Working from Home

Today was a good day.  I got to work from home.  Here's what I was able to accomplish:
  • Instead of the 45-plus minute communte, I managed to squeeze in a run.
  • On a little break this morning, I tidied up the kitchen, washed some dishes and put the breakfast stuff away.
  • During lunch hour, I made some banana bread and pastry for the quiche for dinner.
  • On an afternoon break, I changed the sheets on all the beds.
  • Instead of fighting traffic on the way home from work, I just walked to the kitchen and made the quiche.
With dinner already made, the stress of rushing home to make dinner was gone. So when picking up the girls from school, instead of gritting my teeth, taking numerous deep breaths and getting angry when they didn't listen, I heard about their days, listened to what they wanted to say and enjoyed their company. 
We ate dinner by 6:30 and had plenty of time to practice reading, read stories, play lego and tidy up the dinner dishes before beginning the bathtime-bedtime routine.

Everything just seemed easier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment